Here are some of the main reasons people may have an iron deficiency problem:
- Poor diet – inadequate intake of enough mineral rich food
- Restrictive diet – allergies and intolerances and diets without certain food groups can again mean the person has inadequate intake of mineral rich food
- Altered diet – a person who has changed the types of foods they eat, e.g. turned vegetarian or vegan recently. Or a person who has to omit certain food types due to allergy or intolerance. The body is not used to extracting iron from these foods alone
- Blood loss – heavy periods or other bleeding such as from haemorrhoids, blood nose or recurrent bruising can affect iron levels and may indicate a more serious internal problem such as internal bleeding.
- Increased or prolonged period of stress – creates distress in the body and can affect digestion and other functions, creating deficiencies.
What are the main symptoms of low iron:
- Unusual tiredness – feeling more tired than usual, extreme tiredness
- Paleness – pale complexion but also pale skin all over the body
- Shortness of breath – difficulty getting a deep breath
- Headaches – lack of oxygen due to low iron – which causes lack of oxygen supply to the cells and tissues of the body
- Dizziness – feeling dizzy and foggy headed
- Mouth Ulcers
- Cracked corners of the mouth
- Recurrent infections - ears, colds, sinusitis
- Brittle nails
- Palpitations – feeling heart beating faster for no apparent reason
- Dry and Damaged Hair and itchy Skin
- Acne and pimples
- Restless legs
The reason it is important to take the right supplements...
It is also very important to note that taking iron supplements when you have not had a proper diagnosis from your doctor can be detrimental to your health ...
The reason may not be an iron problem at all ...
Hepcidin which is produced in the liver, helps to control iron absorption. It is important that this enzyme is also functioning effectively for iron to be utilised and used effectively.
The reason that other minerals may be deficient and affect your iron levels ...
Other minerals that support the functioning of iron in the body are:
- Sodium - essential in maintaining blood volume and water balance in the cells
- Potassium - essential and regulates heart function, blood pressure and nerve function
- Phosphorous - essential and used throughout the body in biochemical reactions
- Manganese - works with Vit K in blood clotting, with B vitamins and strengthens stress response
- Chromium - important in metabolism of fats and carbohydrates,
- Selenium - essential for healthy immune function, white blood cell production and thyroid hormone activity
The reason that some toxins can affect iron absorption too:
- Aluminium – absorbed from preservatives, drinks cans, foil tops, tin foil, deodorants, white flour and some vaccines can block absorption of iron
- Lead – absorbed from industrial waste in water, white paints, coloured inks, hair dye and cigarette smoke can also block absorption of iron.
As a Neuro-Trainer and Kinesiologist, specialising in Alternative Nutrition, I use a systematic approach to muscle check all the possible issues surrounding a mineral deficiency. Sometimes, merely taking an iron supplement is not going to solve your problem. There may be other aspects to the problem that are not being addressed. Because of this, we muscle check for all of the following:
- Any excess nutrients that may affect the person
- Relevant deficient nutrients
- Absorption of the nutrient - how well are you absorbing the nutrient
- Utilisation- how well are you able to use the foods or supplements you ingest
- Metabolism - how well are you able to break down the susbstances
- Any reactions or intolerances you may have that would affect this issue
- Any poisons or toxins that may be blocking your ability to use the nutrition
- Whether the ratio between this and other nutrients is appropriate
- The need to 'lock in' the nutriton using certain processes if relevant
I am offering a 50% discount off a Mineral Balance Check for November only.
So, for only $50. Come along for an hour’s appointment to find out the blood and tissue balance of over 35 minerals and if relevant other aspects of your deficiency.
Don’t delay, deals like this don't last forever!
Book in today to reserve your spot and get a start on a natural solution to your health and vitality.
Have a great day